Loans & Advances from Railway revenue

Grant of various advances and withdrawals permissible to Railway employees from the Consolidated Fund of India (given in Indian Railway Administration and Finance & IREC Vol. I)are given below:

Advances with Interest

1)      Purchase of Motor Cycle/Scooter/Moped

2)      Purchase of Motor Car

3)      Purchase of Personal Computer

4)      For Construction/purchase of house, flat etc.


Interest free advances

1)      Festival Advance

2)      For purchase of warm clothing

3)      Cancer/TB treatment

4)      Advance of Pay on Transfer

5)      Advance of TA on transfer/retirement/tour

6)      On proceeding on deputation abroad / return to India

7)      Leave salary

8)      Cycle Advance

9)      For Law suits

10)   In natural Calamities like flood, tsunami etc.

​11) Outfits for school going children.


i want to know that i needed P/F lone .my father is ALIVE age 78 years. i needed P/F lone for marriage of  my dependent niece. can i got or not ?

Sir, whether undertaking/agreement on watermark paper/plain paper (?) is essentially required to be submitted along with application form for motor cycle advance as per recent rules. 

my age is 57. there is problem in my eyes. left distance eye vision is 6/12 and right 6/24 and near eye vision 2.5 in both eyes. my one right ear is totally damaged,,i can't hear anything  from it . i am working under clerical cadre class-3 post non gazetted. so want to know that am i medically decategorised for all the posts in railway and  if so then can i get the benefit of appointment for the ward under compassionate grounds...please do reply... 


To protect against spam we limit the Comments only for the registerd users. Please register  or loginThank you for your understanding.

Book navigation