Ordering of Goods Trains
Following are the main categories of Rolling Stock
Basic components of Rolling Stock
- RDSO(Research, Development , Standards Organization)
Headquartered at Lucknow , it is Research and Development wing of Indian Railways headed by a Director General. It has well equipped laboratories. It designs, advises, directs on technological developments in IR.
- RRT, Chennai
It consists of a Chairman and 2 members. Its chief function is to look into complaints lodged by commercial bodies and Trade Associations with regard to the freight charges and similar matters concerning Railways.
- FOIS will have online information pertaining to basic data. Therefore information will be available from the system in real time in the form of Reports and Enquiries.
- Reports can be programmed to print at specified time at specific places like the morning operating position. Or they can be programmed to be printed automatically in select yards on the route of the train.
Yard Working Instructions
Yard Working Instructions contains instructions on all important aspects of working other than Reception and despatch procedures (which is given in SWR). It contains:
Yard working is controlled by CYM/YM for small yards and Area Officer for bigger yards. Yard in charge will have 2 organizations under him.
Classification of Yards
- FOIS is designed in client server technology using middleware and a Relational Data Base Management System (RDBMS).
- Application servers at the CRIS are networked and linked to a central database for global level transactions.
- The central database acts as the repository of all current and historical data.
- The application is interface-ready for web-based services like connectivity to customers and e-payment gateway interface.