- Health and Malaria Inspector normally work in big railway stations or under a Railway Hospital.
- Duties of HI are supervisory in nature and there will no night shift. He will supervise cleanliness of station and sanitation. He will have staff working under him for cleaning, sanitation. He will have to collect water samples and send lab for testing. Malaria related duties previously assigned on HI are almost gone.
Recruitment (Ref 1)
- 75% of vacancies of Health and Malaria Inspector are filled by direct recruitment through Railway Recruitment Boards (RRB).
- 25% of vacancies are filled by promotion by selection from serving employees of Medical Department possessing qualification prescribed as below.
Qualification needed for RRB Recruitment of HI
- B.Sc. (Chemistry) plus (a) One year Diploma of Health/Sanitary Inspector; OR (b) One year National Trade Certificate (NTC) in Health Sanitary Inspector awarded by National Council for Vocational Training, Ministry of Labour & Employment, Government of India, New Delhi. (Ref 1)
- Health Inspector ->
- Chief Health Inspector ->
- Assistant Health Officer (Group B)
- Written Examination by RRB
- Document Verification
- Medical test
No on job training available for HI&MI.
Salary and other perks
- (i) Pay Scale 9300-34800
- (ii) Grade Pay 4200
- (iii) Initial Pay 9300
- (iv) Total Pay (i) + (ii ) 13500
Other Allowances depend on various conditions and hence cant be stated uniformly. Other major allowances include :
- DA on Total Pay above
- Transport Allowance
- House Rent Allowance(if not provided with quarters)
Deductions from salary include 10% of total Pay towards New Pension scheme.
- 1. Rule 163 of Indian Railway Establishment Manual Chapter I
Sir , i am selected for asm
Sir , i am selected for asm aptitude test rrb trivandrum .Please upload more psychogical questions
See here: https://indianrailwayemployee.com/content/aptitude-test-psychological-test-direct-recruitment-rrbs-safety-categories
Dear sir, Greetings of the
Greetings of the day!
Actually sir, I have done diploma of malaria inspector from Delhi, so I am waiting recruitment of this post. So kindly request that you guide during selection in rrb malaria inspector.
Thanks with Regard
Sir I completed diploma with
Sir I completed diploma with 61.19% and I want to tranning in indian railway ..what I do sir please suggest me .email:[email protected]
Sir I want to apply for this
Sir I want to apply for this job...so please suggest
sir i have passed sanitry
sir i have passed sanitry inspectors diploma in delhi. so kindly tell this vacancy
Hi kapil I want to study
Hi kapil I want to study sanitary inspector. If you don't mind then please tell me about the admission process.
Sir, I am applying for
I am applying for compensation ground in Eastern railway Asansol div.i passed diploma in electrical . So which posts should I get in railway ? Recently I am studying b.tech regular in 2nd year . Can I show my b.tech degree in railway while I want to complete my degree along with my railway service.
you can apply for juniour
you can apply for juniour engineering in railway..
i completed health sanitary
i completed health sanitary inspector in NCVT.
Respected sir, I am
I am from Assam and I am a b.sc(chemistry) final year student. I want to do diploma course in health inspector. How can I apply for this course.
i have completed my diploma
i have completed my diploma in electrical engg..i wanna do apprenticeship in railway....how can i apply..please help mee...my email id - [email protected]
I GOT SELECTED IN CENTRAL RAILWAY AS POST OF HEALTH AND MALERIA INSPECTOR.
CEN 04/2014 FINAL PANNEL DECLEARED ON 25/09/2017.
SOME OF APPLICANT GOT JOINNING BUT ME AND MY FEW FREINDS DIDNT GET JOIN.
SIR PLEASE TELL ME HOW MUCH TIME IT WILL TAKE PLACE TO GET JOINING.
I APPEAL FOR RTI ALSO BUT THEY SAY THAT WHEN VACCANCY ARISES THEN YOU GOT JOINING.
NO STISFACTORY ANSWER RECIVED.
AND WHAT ABOUT FINAL PANNEL VALIDITY. PLEASE HELP US
Hi sir, am Avinash from…
Hi sir, am Avinash from Chennai. I have completed my bachelors in physiotherapy, will I be able to apply for health care jobs in railways. What all the procedures for applying for the job and job description. Will I be able to apply for this post completing my bachelors in physiotherapy.
Health inspector diploma can…
Health inspector diploma can be done by distance education? Suggest some university South India?