- SSE Mechanical is a supervisor in Mechanical department of Railways. SSE can be posted either station or Production Units/Workshops.
- In stations he is known as Chief Train Examiner.
- He will be in charge of maintenance of trains. It is his duty to see that Goods wagons and passenger coaches are in good fettle and ready in time for train service as required by the operating personnel.
- He will have railway technicians under him to actually do the job. Normally he will be in charge of a fairly large maintenance yard-Goods or Passenger.
- Workshop : In warkshops he will be in charge of periodic overhauling/ production components of loco/wagon/coaches. He will have to see that schedules are adhere to.
- Career path :
Assistant Mechanical Engineer(Gaz.)
Divisional Mechanical Engineer
Senior Divisional Mechanical Engineer
Degree in Mechanical Engineering. from a recognized university/institution.
- Selection Process : Written Examination, Document Verification and Medical test.
Salary and other perks.
(i)Pay Scale9300-34800(ii)Grade Pay4600(iii)Initial Pay12540(iv)Total Pay (i) + (ii )17140
Other Allowances depend on various conditions and hence cant be stated uniformly. Other major allowances include :
DA on Total Pay aboveTransport AllowanceHouse Rent Allowance(if not provided with quarters)
- Deductions from salary include 10% of total Pay towards New Pension scheme.