With over 13.6 Lakh employees, Indian Railways is one of the largest employer not only in India, but also in the world. The workforce of IR is a varied mass of people from the Gangman/Khalasi at one end to Chairman, Railway Board at the apex level. The task of the personnel department of Railways is to manage and look after the welfare of this large mass of employees and their families.
Functions of Personnel Department
- Man Power Planning.
- Training and Development.
- Performance Appraisal
- Promotions and Demotions.
- Guidance on Disciplinary matters.
- Wage and Salary administrations.
- Settling Industrial Disputes.
- Grievance Redressal.
- Incentives and Financial aids.
- Settlement and Pension.
- Arranging Post retirement benefits and Grievance Redressal of Pensioners.
- Setting up and maintenance of Welfare Activities.
Role of Personnel Manager
- Personnel manager take care of the human factor striving to get the best result from workers by developing their capabilities.
- Personnel manager will relieve the departmental officers from the task of management of employees of his department to the extent possible so that he can concentrate the functioning of his department.
- However the department officer will have the main say in the placement of workers to ensure better utilization, economy and efficiency.
- Personnel officer will also be receptive to suggestions given by departmental officer on transfer to maintain efficiency and discipline.
- Although Departmental officers are relieved of Personnel work to a great extent after setting up the Personnel Department, they should also maintain a close touch with their department employees, receive grievances on personnel matters and arrange to dispose of the same with the help of personnel officer duly keeping in view the rules and regulations laid down.
- Personnel officers are also Welfare Officers who will co-ordinate various Welfare activities such as Sports activities, management of Holiday Homes, Institute, Co-operative societies, Canteens etc.
- Personnel officer should see that legitimate interests of the workers are protected.
- Personnel officer should take utmost care in maintaining industrial peace, keeping good relations with trade unions and help in maintaining congenial atmosphere for smooth working.
- Productivity depends on technological factors and job performance. Job performance is based morale and motivation to work. Motivation of workers can be judged by their attitude towards the objectives of the organization.
- Management should be vigilant towards the attitude of the workers and should analyze the causes for negative approach of the workers in their performance. Management has to analyse and diagnose the needs of the workers for the purpose of achieving organizational objectives by maintaining close contact with the workers.
- Generally personnel department’s role is to communicate and implement policies. They play an important role by providing the required expertise in maintaining industrial relations by laisoning with the technical executives.
I was one of the examinees
I was one of the examinees for the exam. Under Centralized Employment Notification No.- 09/2010 for the post of Technician Gr. III Turner , Cat. No – 46, (RRB KOLKATA) which took place on 30/01/2011. This is also inform you that I qualified successfully in the above mentioned Examination and carried out all the procedures conducted and prescribed by RRB KOLKATA on 02/11/2011.
Though I have received a conformation Letter from the RRB KOLKATA, where it has been mentioned that the offer of appointment will be sent by G.M.(P), Eastern Railway , Kolkata. But till then many days have gone by no appointment letter has been sent by the above mentioned office
Respected Sir, I would like
I would like to know the meanings and full form of the following:
1. What is Pending ONR case
2.What is 25/6/2012(RCA) acronym for RCA
3. What is acronym for SR and Doc. not reed.
What will be the final predictions from your side for this case?
SR is service record. No idea
SR is service record. No idea about others. Try an answer through RTI.
onr is nothing but "other
onr is nothing but "other than normal retirement "cases
Dear Pari S.K. SR and
Dear Pari S.K. SR and docs.not reed means SERVICE REGISTER and DOCUMENTS NOT RECEIVED.
Sir, i am happy to
i am happy to join indian railway employee.com.
Gohar Singh Pandre
Sir.. Pls give me soft copy
Pls give me soft copy of specification(works)
At [email protected]
hello sir i am working 4
hello sir i am working 4 points man ghaziabad and my GP 5200+20200 1800 hai.
and my next promotion which post?
sir plz geard me? thanks
Your next promotion can be
Your next promotion can be Cabin Man/Cabin Master/Shunting Master Gr. II as per vacancies in your Division.
I am working in psu. bank as
I am working in psu. bank as a assistant since 5 year. wishing to join indian railway. Can my bank service count for seniority,pay fixation, recruitment.
No, bak service will not be
No, bak service will not be counted.
Dear Sir, I am working as a
Dear Sir, I am working as a Group D employee in Amritsar (Joined in 2013), but i want to join ECR Zone Patna as a group D employee. i have spend 3 months in Amritsar. What is the procedure to join same payband and geradepay.
Eagerly awaited for your reply.
Sir, my I am Radiographer my
Sir, my I am Radiographer my joining is 2002 . in 4000-6000 and got first promotion in 2005 then second in 2008.in which I am working now 4200.and got one mutual transfer ie is in 2800 GP with same cadre ,category
So plZ.tell what will I get GP,basic salary and pass.He joined in Dec 2013 and there is also Restraturing of him but He told he will get the benefits of this after two yrs.will I also get this benefit in my mutual transfer. Thanks a lot
Plz. Reply somewhat .Thanks a
Plz. Reply somewhat .Thanks a lot.
sir i am app. tech. III in
sir i am app. tech. III in mechanical and i want study through distance education,
so please guide me that i will take NOC from DPO after addmission or before addmission.
you will take NOC before
you will take NOC before addmission
dear sir mai 12-5-2012 ko rrc
dear sir mai 12-5-2012 ko rrc patna se select hua hu aur helper II mechanical diesel shed spj me hu mai oct2012 mutual transfer helper II electrical katihar ke liye apply kia hu mera application nfr guwahati me chala gaya hai parantu waha kaha gaya gaya elactrical aur mechanical me transfer nahi ho sakta ha please sir help me apply kiye hue one year seven month ho gaya hai
Sir aisa kyun he ki rail me
Sir aisa kyun he ki rail me jo work karta he use promotion late me milta he
Isa nahi hai. Lekin Jo work
Isa nahi hai. Lekin Jo work karta hai or jo work nahi karta hai, donom ko promotion milta hai rail mem.
Respected Sir, Sir, I
Sir, I am now serving in as a watchman in Engr Department at Tuni. Sir I already PH in due to Injury in service loss of Left Eye total Blind.
Sir, Now I qualified for Health Inspector One Course and BSC, Chemistry completed for your instruction wise I total qualified/suitable of Health Inspector post.
Sir, I Before join in Indian Railway serviced in Indian Army total service of 23 Yrs. ie accident in railway service. I join in railway on Sep 2011.
sir Maine employment notice
sir Maine employment notice no. 3/2012 me bilaspur board se guard ke post ke lite mujhe Nagpur division CR se medical la letter aaya mai guard ke medical test me fail ho gya mai ye Janna chata hu ki mujhe koi or low medical test wali jaise SR. clerk, ecrc post mil sakta hai ya nhi
plz must reply.
Dear sir helper ll mech
Dear sir helper ll mech diesel aur helper ll elec power me mutual transfer ho sakta hi agar ho sakta hi to rule ki jankari dijiye
Dear sir Gen aur Obc ka
Dear sir Gen aur Obc ka mutual transfer ho sakta hi
sir.. I am a group d servant.
I am a group d servant. my qualification is BA ... then what is the chance of my promotion... which departmental exam I can give for upper grade. my catg. is sc......
please tell me.........
Dear All, Can anyone let me
Can anyone let me know what posts could be availed under GP 2000 in ECR as i have been appointed on compassionate grounds and i am a Graduate. I had applied for commercial dept. but as non availability of posts i have been asked for some other department, Can any1 suggest me some posts in any other department, please!
Can anyone plz help me out..
Can anyone plz help me out..
Sir i was a Apprentice Technician III in NCR Jhansi workshop..I was appointed on 10+2 basis and undergone a training of 03 years..with one grade lower stipend 5200-20200 + 1800(5200+1800=7000 group D).but now i have successfully completed my training nd now working as a technicianIII but still my fixation is not as same as of Group C Worker 5200-20200 + 1900(5830+1900=8460 Group C).comparatively dsl loco shed, C&W, AC Loco shed.of jhansi are getting the same fixation but not us...Can anyone plz help me out with the rule according to which we are supposed to get restructuring of fixation after the successful completion of my 03 years training..
dear sir I have done btech in
I have done btech in electrical in 2011 with 73% marks. but I can't get job in railway.
is it better way to get job in railway according to my education by just selecting as another jobs of railways.
please suggest me what coice of jobs I have to follow from ( asm, goods guard, commercials apprentice, signal apprentice, etc.)
plz suggest me.
i have medical for post of asstt, loco pilot.. sir i eat pan masala due to which my teeth get reddish from inner side..sir i have question .. because of this will i get disqualify from medical??????....please help me sir..what should i do... i want selection...
PLEASE REPLY SIR...
PLEASE REPLY SIR...
Sir i am D group staff now i
Sir i am D group staff now i filling the rrb form online so please get format for taken noc,and when is required after form filling or befor.
and also known only inform my depot or wait to get noc
because noc is long process.
please reply earlier sir.
Hello everyone I am New
Hello everyone I am New joining in group d I don't have of number can I apples asm departmental examination please reply me
Hello everyone I am New
Hello everyone I am New joining in group d I don't have PF number can I apples asm departmental examination please reply me
Sir I have a question. If a
Sir I have a question.
If a SC/ST candidate promoted on their own merit taking the facilities of age relaxation, should he/she adjusted against unreserved points?
whereas it is discussed that " SC/ST candidates promoted on their merit without availing relaxation will be shown against unreserved posts. Such candidates shall be adjusted against unreserved points.He will retain SC/ST status and will be elligible to get benefit of reservation in future promotion"
Pls view & comment on this.......
Hello everyone.. Can anyone
Can anyone give me the mobile no. Of sr section engineer mr.ankit sharma ..jaipur devision
FOR ALP RRBBBS CEN-01/2014
FOR ALP RRBBBS CEN-01/2014 MEDICAL TEST
Anyone got call latter for Medical Test Of RRBBBS for ALP
plz,guide me regarding the…
I have just completed my ALP…
I have just completed my ALP training, i want to resign ALP to join JE in railways,
Did i need to pay any money during resignation ?