- Railway servants transferred on mutual exchange from one cadre of a division, office or railway to the corresponding cadre in another division, office or railway shall retain their seniority on the basis of the date of promotion to the grade or take the seniority of the railway servants with whom they have exchanged, whichever of the two may be lower. [Ref 1]
- Minimum service - There is no minimum service conditions in case of Mutual Transfer. [Ref 2]
- Composite Transfer Grant - not admissible in case of Mutual Transfer .[Ref 3]
- Sportspersons - For transfer of sportsperson recruited against sports quota at least 5 years service on the Railways, including probation period is required. When sportspersons request for transfer on mutual basis and when both employees are sportsperson 5 years minimum service is not applicable. [Ref 4]
- Backtracking of orders of transfer on mutual exchange should not be done under any circumstances. [Ref 5 & 10]
- Seniority - In case of Transfer on mutual exchange basis employee get own seniority or seniority of the employee with whom the exchange takes place, whichever of the two is lower. [Ref 6]
- Efforts efforts should be to upload information regarding transfer requests through Rail-Net for inter-Division and intra-Division transfers . [Ref 11]
Forwarding Applications - Request for mutual transfers should be processed / accepted as soon as they are received. [Ref 9]
Relieving - Once the transfers are accepted, the employees concerned should be relieved immediately without waiting for the other unit to relieve the employee first. [Ref 9]
Mutual transfer between Different Community
- Mutual transfers should be normally be allowed between staff belonging to the same category (i.e., General with General, SC with SC and ST with ST). [Ref 6 & 7] . Term General in this case include OBC also as there is no reservation in posts filled by promotion for OBCs. [Ref 8]
- Mutual transfers in the recruitment grades will also be allowed without any restriction regarding community in following cases: [a] the posts in the grade are entirely filled by direct recruitment from open market; e.g. the category of Staff Nurse or [b] Where posts in the grade are partly filled by promotion and partly by direct recruitment, both the employees seeking mutual transfer should have been recruited directly from the open market. But such transfers should be allowed only against vacant direct recruitment quota posts and not against promotion quota posts. [Ref 6 & 8]
1. Indian Railway Establishment Manual Vol I Rule 310
3. Indian Railway Establishment Code Rule 1642
4. Railway Board’s letter No. 2011/E(sports)/4(3)/4(Transfer Policy) dated 17/02/2011 (RBE No. 23/2011)
7. High Court of Kerala at Ernakulam order dated 07.06.2005 in O.P.No.2150/02
9. Railway Board’s letter No. E[NG]I-2007/TR/26 dated 04-12-2007 (RBE No.156 /07)
11. Board's letter No.E[REP]I-06/Transfer/Misc/1 dated 23-10-06
Sir, I want to know that in
I want to know that in case of mutual transfer ; is it necessary to belong to the same category ?
Same cadre is the word used
Same cadre is the word used in IREM.
I want to know that mutual
I want to know that mutual transfer is posibble between je electrical to je signal & telecom
No, it is not possible.
No, it is not possible.
Sir, After getting promotion
After getting promotion as Loco Pilot from Assitt. Loco Pilot, I have a mutual of same designation but from other cast (SC/ST). Is it possilble? If yes, Please give the index document for mutual between inter cast.
If both of you are ready to
If both of you are ready to go to lowermost seniority you can apply. See here: https://indianrailwayemployee.com/content/transfer-one-railway-another-request-bottom-seniority-and-mutual
Res. Sir ji mainey 2 years ki
Res. Sir ji mainey 2 years ki fitter trade me iti karney k bad railway me 1 saal ki aprentice karney k baad wcr railway me khalasi ke pad par join kiya aur fir 4 saal bad departmentaly welder 3rd me promotee hua kya meri direct rrb se bharti welder 3rd se mutual transfer ho sakti hai aur ham dono obc category se hai plse reply karey
Ho sakata hai. It is
Ho sakata hai. It is possible.
Sir ji plse batayengey k kis
Sir ji plse batayengey k kis rule k tehat hogi plse rule index bataney ki kripa karey
Res. Sir ji mainey Fitter
Res. Sir ji mainey Fitter trade ne 2 saal ki ITI karney k baad northen railway me 1 saal ki apprenticeship ki fir us k baad wcr railway me khalasi ke pad par join kiya aur fir 4 saal baad meri dipartmentaly promotion Welder 3rd me ho gyi kya sir ji meri mutual transfer RRB se bharti welder 3rd se ho sakti hai aur hum dono OBC category se belong kartey hai plse sir ji rule index bataney ki bhi kripa karmey ap ka bahut meharbani hogi kyo ki meri mata ji cancer rog se pidit hai
See there references
See there references mentioned in the article. It is possible.
Is there any rule where
Is there any rule where central govt. employee can tranfer to railway govt. If yes, pls provide details about how to start?
There are no provision for
There are no provision for central govt. employee to tranfer to railways.
Sir ji mai Diesel Loco Shed
Sir ji mai Diesel Loco Shed Itarsi wcr me WELDER 3rd k pad par 1900 pay grade me hu aur mera mutual C&W WORKSHOP JAGADHRI NR me same pad aur pay grade me karayarat hai aur humney mutual transfer ki application laga rakhi hai aur ab Baroda House GM office me dealing clerk ne yeh objection laga diya hai ki c&w workshop ka mutual diesel loco shed me nahi ho sakta aur jb ki ham dono bottom seniority me bhi janey ko tyar hai plse sir ji bataye ki iss smasya ka kya samadhan hai
i had applied mutual transfer
i had applied mutual transfer on date 08-06-2011,but my mutual transfer partner not interested so I have given refusal on dated 23.05.2012 which is forwarded to HQ office but no any response is coming from HQ.And i have already apply for mutual transfer with other mutual partner.Can my this mutual case in process or not
If all your letters received
If all your letters received correctly it will be considered.
Res. SIR JI kya diesel loco
Res. SIR JI kya diesel loco shed itarsi (wcr) se c&w workshop jagadhari workshop (nr) me mutual transfer possible hai dono ka designation welder 3rd hai or dono obc community ko belong kartey hai plse plse plse plse Sir ji jarur reply karey
sir ji mai y janna chahta hu
sir ji mai y janna chahta hu ki ST aur SC candidat jo RRB se bharti ho aur ek hi post aur ek hi gred par ho to unka mutual ho sakta h ki nahi krpya mujhe uttar dijey
HJo sakta hai. Lekin
HJo sakta hai. Lekin seniority lowermost ho jayega. If both of you are ready to go to lowermost seniority you can apply. See here: https://indianrailwayemployee.com/content/transfer-one-railway-another-r…
Sir, I have seen staff nurse
I have seen staff nurse , health inspector, lab technicians are of same cadre (other medical category). So as you have mentioned before that mutual transfer can be done in between same cadre. I am a staff nurse , and can I settle mutual transfer with a health inspector or lab technicians?
No. It wont be permitted.
No. It wont be permitted. Qualification and requirements for the job are entirely different.
How can a health Inspector become a Staff Nurse?
....sir, can I say any type
....sir, can I say any type of transfer in railway is very difficult due to lots of unnecessary conditions and also no any type of co-operations on behalf of administration.
The transfer process can be
The transfer process can be made more simple and quick.
...sir,may I know why
...sir,may I know why transfer can not be permitted from mechanical to engineering deptt. or so on, whereas posts are same .
Simple. Because maintaining a
Simple. Because maintaining a track and maintaining coach and wagons requires different skills. Railways have give training as per the Depratment to the employee concerned at Railways expense.
If u wanted to TRANSFER from…
If u wanted to TRANSFER from mechanical dept to engineering dept. Then you can mutual TRANSFER with me.
...sir,you say transfer is
...sir,you say transfer is imposible in different deptt. then why mutual transfers are done between different deptt. as mechanical to engg. etc. I have evidence...please clarify.
See See Rule 231 of INDIAN
See See Rule 231 of INDIAN RAILWAY ESTABLISHMENT CODE (Vol - I):
" Transfer from one department to another.�Person employed in one department shall not be eligible for employment in another except with the previous consent of the head of the department in which they are employed."
Normally this will not be permitted by the HoD.
respected sir, could you
could you please send me the original copy of railway boards letter no 134/2007 regarding mutual transfer to my email :
Sir, As i have applied for
As i have applied for mutual transfer in the year 2009 but havenot got transferred till date, as i omply every norms of the mutual transfer.
Could u help me out y my request is pending till date.
Normally the file has to go
Normally the file has to go from your Division to CPO and then to CPO of the Railway concerned. As it invloves many movement of files and the quantum of files it get stuck somewhere. You just have to wait. There are no time limit given for any transfer - one way or mutual- by any Board order.
Sir, I have joined as a staff
I have joined as a staff nuese through RRB on november 2012. In my appointment letter mention that "appointment is made on probation for a period of one year".
1. Is it possible for applying mutual transfer in this period?
2. Is it possible to get mutual transfer with OBC with ST candidates with bottom seniority in recruitment grades?
It is possible. Both of you
It is possible. Both of you will become juniormost in new Division/Railway.
sir I am eng khallasi can I
sir I am eng khallasi can I mutchual with traffic. machanical. electrical department from eng department.
MMutual transfer is
MMutual transfer is permitted normally only between same cadre employees.
Sir, I want to change my
I want to change my division means central railway to south central railway.
Whether is it possible or not..?
If it is possible then give me a right suggestions..
See the following
See the following articles: https://indianrailwayemployee.com/content/transfer-rules
Sir iam working as helper ||
Sir iam working as helper || in c&w mechanical vijayawada, I got a helper || mutual from tpty crs workshop sir kdly suggest whether we should have the same community or is it ok with different community.secondly what should be the minimum period for applying a mutual transfer from the date of appooinment as both had recruited after finishing our Act Apprenticeship in Rlys.
Mutual transfer is possible
Mutual transfer is possible between different community. For mutual there is no minimum service condition.
Sir ,I came to know from from
Sir ,I came to know from from My freinds and confirmed that S.C.Rly has kept the transfer letters in hold and not processing , as they says that theyhave rules not to process the transfer those had not complete the two years from the date of screening.
Sir I would like to know whether they have a seperate rules.
Many of my freinds transfers are in pending due to this reason.
Kdly help us to process further.
As per some local
As per some local adminstrative reasons (accute shortage for example) GM/CPO can direct stoppage of processing of applications for transfer.
i am je CG candidate is it
i am je CG candidate is it possible to get mutaul transfer with RRB candidate
Possible . No problem for
Possible . No problem for this mutual.
Is it possible to get mutual
Is it possible to get mutual tranfer between je Rolling stock to je C R W S
I want to know that I am working in S&T department as a helper. Can I do mutual transfer with the person who is working as a track man...
I am track maintainer iv…
I am track maintainer iv grade pay of 1800 appointed by largess community ur can i give mutual to same grade pay 1800 person he is obc is it possible pls help me on tis sir
I am Je/electriacl/Trs working under srDEE. Can my mutual transfer is possible to workshop under CWM
Both are electrical department
Sir I am Pradeep Kumar…
Sir I am Pradeep Kumar Shakya OBC Community working as SSE ELECTRICAL TRD in delhi division northern railway. I want mutual with SSE electrical TRD ST Community condidate in allahabad division North Central railway. Can it possible mutual transfer please give circular
Is it possible for direct…
Is it possible for direct recruitment of technician 2 and promotive from technician 3 to 2