- JE (Permanent Way) is a supervisor in Civil Engineering (Permanent Way) department of Railways.
- JE will be normally headquartered in junction/major/medium type stations normally.
- He will be the in charge of a section of track (let us say less than 50 km length) stretching over a couple of stations. He will be responsible for maintenance, repairs and attending to failures like rail fracture.
- He will be working under an SSE who will be overall in charge and he will have a team of workers consisting of trackman, gangman, khalasis, patrolman.
- Permanent way in railway parlance is the structure consisting of the rails, fasteners, sleepers and ballast, plus the underlying subgrade.
- The safe running of trains depends on the level of maintenance of the track and hence the role of a permanent way supervisor is crucial and he is answerable for the delay/omissions in this regard.
- He is supposed to conduct regular inspections, trolley inspections, foot plate inspection(by travelling in engine of running train) over his section.
Career path :
Senior Section Engineer->
Assistant Divisional Engineer(Gaz.) (AEN) ->
Divisional Engineer(DEN) ->
Senior Divisional Engineer(Sr.DEN)
- Diploma in Civil Engineering from a recognized university/institution.
Selection Process : Written Examination and Document Verification.
Salary and other perks
(i) Pay Scale 9300-34800
(ii) Grade Pay 4200
(iii) Initial Pay 9300
(iv) Total Pay (i) + (ii ) Rs.13500
Other Allowances depend on various conditions and hence can’t be stated uniformly. Other major allowances include :
- DA on Total Pay above
- Transport Allowance
- House Rent Allowance(if not provided with quarters)
Deductions from salary include 10% of total Pay towards New Pension scheme.
Sir, What is the Job
What is the Job Profile/ Nature of Junior Engineer (Works) in IR ?
See here: https://indianrailwayemployee.com/content/job-profile-se-works
JE work job nature is somewhat similar.
Sir, After completing one
After completing one year course from the INSTITUTE OF PERMANENT WAY ENGINEERS how much chances are to be a JE(P-WAY). Right now I am working as a trackman and my qualification is BSc. What is process to take admission in IPWE? Please reply.............
Just because you have the
Just because you have the Diploma you wont get JE post. This Diploma make your chance slightly better, but not much. For applying refer IPWE website.
i want to know about the
i want to know about the pattern/syllabus of aptitude test of the assistant loco pilot held on 18/01/2013.i have cleared the main exam of alp called for the aptitude test with original and copy of documents. Kindly help me.
With best regards
A Trainee Skilled Artisan
A Trainee Skilled Artisan appointed on Compassionate Ground, remained unauthorized absent for more than a year. Will he come Under RS(D&A) Rules 1968 for taking up action or only show cause notice is sufficient. If so how many days notice is required.
One weeks show cause is
One weeks show cause is enough to terminate your service(Rule 301 of IR Establishment Code).
Sir, My mother is working as
My mother is working as os in souther railway in her office one employee has worked on Sunday (ie)REST is he eligible for compensatory rest for Sunday is this any time limit for avail COMPENSATORY REST.is it combined with any other level. How many days of CL OR NH OR REST will take along with compensatory rest.
There is no limit upto which
There is no limit upto which one can take CR. CR can be combined with CL ,but not with recorded leave like LAP or LHAP.
Dear Sir, i have finished MCA
i have finished MCA i want to join the Railways what is the work that i can opt for getting into the Railways jobs please do suggest some jobs so that i can proceed further and it seems the exams are very hard will i be able to go through it !!! can u suggest me ....
There are not much chances
There are not much chances for MCA holder in Railway. You can try for Graduate categories like Station Master if you want .
Sir Thank very much for your
Thank very much for your value able suggestion about CR which was sent you on 22/11/2012 one more think I would like to know the difference between compensatory rest and compensatory casual leave
When you forego your Rest and
When you forego your Rest and do duty you are eligible for CR.
I have not heard of what you call compensatory Casual leave.
Sir,thank you very much for
Sir,thank you very much for your kind suggestion my mother have gone through the leave rules of RAILWAY MEN ON ESTABLISHMENT RULES AND LABOR LAWS written by N.B.Bhattacharjee& Govind lal edition 2011 In the leave chapter one side heading is COMPENSATORY CASUAL LEAVE
These compensatory rest and compensatory casual leave both are same In my mother office so many group D staff are working they are frequently applying CR with other leave My mother colleagues say that compensatory rest will be availed within in one month not more than 3 days may be availed at a time along with CL(OR )NORMAL REST (OR) NATIONAL HOLIDAY these are prefixed( or)suffixed to the compensatory rest. you are implementing this rule what my mother colleagues say that but workers are asking is there any rule once again request you sir kindly clarify this which act of kindness i shall be very thankful to you
one COMPENSATORY REST +2 CASUAL LEAVE =3 days
one rest +COMPENSATORY +CASUAL LEAVE = 3 days
ONE NATIONAL HOLIDAY +COMPENSATORY REST + normal rest (sunday) = 3 days
Eligibility criteria of…
Eligibility criteria of quick promotion from technician to junior engineer
Is part time diploma is…
Is part time diploma is acceptable for promotion in railway?